Skip to main content

Should I answer the person's calls I got into a minor accident with?

Scottsdale, AZ |

I got into a car accident going maybe 3mph. I rear ended the other car, got out and looked at both vehicles. My vehicle was unharmed and the other persons car had a scratch on it. I gave them my phone number in case they wanted me to fix the scratch, but now they are calling saying that the whole bumper needs to be replaced. No police report was filed, and no other information was given other than my phone number. I don't want to pay for something that didn't happen. Should I just ignore their calls?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You should report it to your insurance company to resolve.


No because then they will sue you and you will be in more trouble. You did not give insurance info so technically you may be liable for a hit and run. Consult a local attorney.


you should either have them get you an estimate and pay for the bumper and be done with it, or notify your insurance and let them deal with it. Either way, you should call the person back and handle it in some fashion.


Turn this matter over to your automobile liability insurance carrier and let them handle this for you. That is why you pay them a premium.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer