Skip to main content

Settlements from Accidents

Gaithersburg, MD |

My husband is coming into some money from a motorcycle accident, we are seperated not legally though, MD doesnt have legal separation forms to file. When I proceed with the divorce next year, if he has been awarded any $$ from this accident, am I entitled to a portion of that?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Motorcycle Crash Injury Settlement Divisions in Divorce are a Matter of State Law. In your case MD. In MOST states injury settlements are not property divided in a settlement. Again in most states, it is property available for child support....But you must see a competent MD domestic lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer