Skip to main content

Senior Victim wants to file complaint against a WV County Prosecutor

Beckley, WV |

The 80 year old victim of elder financial abuse was poorly represented by the County Prosecutor. A great police investigation was conducted for 6 months. They found forgery, uttering, elder financial abuse, social security fraud and several other provable charges. Criminial was arrested and released on bond. Once in County Prosecutors hands it went all down hill. All my money was stolen except 100.00 but the contracted part time county prosecuator assigned the case felt it was not worth their time. Admitted to me and others present they did not even read the police report or even the financial audit they ordered. No communications for almost a year, then told the case was settled by diversion...I have nothing, not even trust in those who are supppose to protect us.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Difficult to sue in this situation, I think, but speak to a local attorney ASAP who handles legal malpractice. I would also speak to your State Delegate and Senator, and perhaps contact the state Attorney General's office.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer