Senative subject? Rape when your are married. I live in NJ while on vacation my wife said one night she was raped.

Sparta, NJ |

We were in Eastern Europe, she never said anything while were were having intercourse and she did not fight me, yell or do anything that I would associate with rape. It scared me a lot she would even say this. She did not call the police, she did not tell anyone expect me the next day in fact she has not brought it up since that day and we have had intercourse since then. We are having a great vacation and we cuddled the next day and I fear this is a prelude to something else. What if she says the same thing in NJ are the legal issues. I feel like if she would even say this in the first place there is a chance she would do the same thing again.

She would have to prove the allegation and your defense was explained in your question.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed

If your wife was to allege "rape" it would be grounds for her to seek a Restraining Order under the Prevention of Domestic Violence Matter. You would have an opportunity to defend yourself. The facts as you provided them may be helpful in securing such a defense.

The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in general, not a legal opinion that can be relied upon. Before a formal legal opinion can be offered I would need an opportunity to review all possible relevant facts and circumstances. You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your sitaution, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the opinion that is being offered. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may the same be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit.

I agree with my colleagues. I would like to add that appears that this occurred in Europe. This obviously has no impact here because NJ would not have jurisdiction over that incident. You may be referring to a fear that it could occur here in which she claims she was raped in NJ. She may need therapy or both of you may need counselling. It sounds very odd. Your number one concern should be protecting yourself.

I agree with my colleagues. But be careful. Just because you can defend the case does not mean you can not be dragged into the system. Do not engage in play that results in marks or bruises at this time. And no means no.