Skip to main content

Seeking an immigration lawyer in CA

California |

Hi! I am searching for an immigration and family lawyer in one who specifically who has knowledge about divorce. Lawyer must be in CA.Am searching for a friend. Thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I assume you've already tried the search features on Avvo.

You may want to add additional information - where is your friend located? You'll get more responses if people know what city the case is in.

Good luck.


Avvo is a good start. Type the city where your friend is located and review the results. I would next encourage you to check with local bar organizations within the area your friend lives. Visit the attorneys' websites and check on their expertise. Avvo may give you the most information about attorneys and you can review their expertise looks and the questions they have responded.

Aside from location, always check their license with the California State Bar. Good luck!


Since Immigration is now centrally filed (that is to say, all family related visa petitions are filed in Chicago, Illinois), any immigration attorney can give you assistance with your immigration matters. I am an attorney licenses both in Illinois and in California. 60% of my practice is in family law (divorce) matters and about 25% of my practice is with immigration. I am a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) a national organization of immigration attorneys. Since you did not ask a specific question, it is difficult to respond. My office does give a first time free consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer