Skip to main content

Section 237 a(1)(b) of INA

Worcester, MA |

i have been charged with this. what does it mean. what can i do not to get deported

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 4


The charge is that you are presently within the US and you are in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act or any other law of the US. (INA §237 (a)(1)(B).

It means that the US Government claims you have or currently boken a law of the United States. You need to contact an experienced immigration attorney who can conduct a complete reveiw of your immigration and criminal history and provide you with a legal opinion as to what arguments you can make to prevent you from being deported. AVVO is not the location for you to describe your immigration or criminal history. You need to do this with an experienced attorney that would provide an opinion that would be protected by attorney - client privileges. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


Find an experienced immigration attorney for starters.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.


You really need to provide more information in order to get an answer. How were you charged? Did you receive an NTA? A refusal of an adjustment petition? However you were notified, if you read the document through it will tell you why you have been charged.


You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer