Skip to main content

Sealing records to get approved for immigration DECA (Deferred Action)?

Las Vegas, NV |

Can I seal my DUI that I got in 2003 to be eligible for the Deferred Action?
Can I seal it if i Am here illegally?

How long will it take to get my immigration records?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can file a petition to seal since it has been more than 7 yeears since your previous DUI.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.


Will not help. Will make it more difficult for you to later have then unsealed.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You are eligible for sealing a DUI after seven years passes from the date of closing the case. This does not apply to cases that have been in warrant or are not closed.

Immigration is a different question. I am not a practitioner of immigration, so you would need to consult an immigration attorney prior to initiating the sealing process.