Skip to main content

Rough estimate of time to be served for burglary?

Laurel, MS |

My ex was arrested on 4/12 for public drunkenness. She was bonded out. On 4/26 she was arrested for burglary of an unoccupied dwelling house (x2) and possession of paraphernalia. She has yet to be bailed out and the bondsman will not bond again. While in jail she went to trial for 4/12 charge and got probation because its her 1st offense. She is still awaiting trial. I am just looking for some professional legal advice on just how much time she is looking at. Her bond was set at $10,500 with a bail of $1,500. She will only have access to a public defender because she has no money and her family will not help because of her drugs.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


She needs to talk to an attorney about the charges. Only after a careful review of the facts and circumstances would any advice be relevant and helpful. Any sentence will depend on the charges, any aggravating factors, prior record, etc.

I am licensed to practice law in VA, not your state. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Good luck.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
(757) 422-4646

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


She needs counsel. Time for conviction versus plea bargaining is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. She is facing serious time and needs counsel, badly

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.