Skip to main content

Rights to a Trust of money, left by deceased grandmother.

Oceanside, CA |

I am in a situations where my grandmother left a Trust for me and my siblings. My father will not release the trust to us. Is there any legal way to make him release the trust to us.
He has decided to keep the money for himself, to use for himself.
What sort of attorney would handle this, and what sort of fees should I expect to pay?
Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I can't tell you what you would have to pay but it should be in reasonable proportion to what you'd stand to win. You need a CA trusts and estates lawyer to help you. Base on what you've said your father has misappropriated the trust funds but as I haven't seen the trust document I can't be completely sure. Get a competent lawyer.


Generally, contingency fees range from 1/3 to 1/2, depending on the complexity of the case and the costs to advance. From what you described, it appears there was a breach of trust if your father is the trustee and you and your siblings are the named beneficiaries. However, this all depends on what the trust agreement says. I handle trust litigation and would be happy to consult with you further on this offline.