I got an RFE notice today from USCIS. My concern is, we are leaving for Philippines on June 18, and I am returning on August 5. RFE's deadline is August 6, 2013.
Is it better to apply close to my arrival? So I won't worry about USCIS's decision while I am gone? My husband will be back early, and he can do this while I am gone. OR, should I file before we leave? If we file before we leave, USCIS will decide early, and if it is a denial, and I am out of the country, then I cannot appeal anymore.
Please enlighten me on this matter. I already secured a stamp on my passport from USCIS, anticipating this trip.