Return of property after winning case

Silver Spring, MD |

My property was seized during a search warrant executed more then 4 months ago. I have already won the related case by having all charges dismissed. But when it comes to getting my property back I'm hearing different things from different people. I thought that I would simply be notified that my property is available for pick up after winning my case but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Return is not automatic. The prosecution might pursue forfeiture regardless of the result in the criminal case.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.