Restraining order renewal

Sacramento, CA |

In 2009 I was viciously stalked by a (previously) friend from gade school and high school while my husband was in Afghanistan in the us military. With the sheriff's departments documents I filed for restraining order. Due to the difficulties i faced being stalked and harrassed, I needed treatment for PTSD. Because of my fuzzy recolection, criminal charges were dropped. Its been 2 years since i was in court, i feel i may relapse if i have to face this person again . I will need to renew in 2013. Will i face the same kind of hearing as the first one? Last time he also came with his lawer but the restraining order was granted.

Best Answer

You can get help with your restraining order from WEAVE or My Sisters House.
There is a simple renewal form that can be filed in court.
Filing a RO in Sacramento County is very frustrating due to the clerk's routine of making you wait all day long. You want to make sure you have the doc right - get some help.

I'm sorry that you're going through this. Yes, he does have the right to request a trial.

Thank you. I just needed to know what will happen.

Could a lawer obtain the renewal without me being present? I fear this person has been looking forward to seeing me again

Hillary Johns

Hillary Johns

You're welcome. If you hire a good lawyer, they can really help you.

Hillary Johns

Hillary Johns

Yes, of course, I understand. You could certainly ask.