Skip to main content

Respectfully, why do NJ DUI attorneys post incorrect answers/agree with incorrect answers about DUI and IDRC?

Turnersville, NJ |

This question was asked from Sewell, NJ: "I did my court ordered IDRC, but missed the assesment because of other things going on. How bad off am I?". Advice was to contact MVC and/or IDRC and that the DL couldn't be restored. MVC has nothing to do with treatment. Client gets a non-compliance warning from IDRC instructing him to contact IDRC within 10 days. When he contacts IDRC they will tell him to call treatment agency and schedule assessment. No harm, no foul. If client doesn't contact IDRC, IDRC will notify court, and 30 days later notify IDP which notifies MVC. If IDP has not yet noified MVC that the client is in non-compliance, the client can get license restored (assuming suspension is up, paid restoration fee/program fee, and no other sususpensions). See N.J.A.C. 10:162-8.1 & 8.3.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Same thing happens in IL. Reason is, you get points for answering a question and for agreeing with an answer even if you response is wrong, or a non sequitur. People are gaming the points, I guess to raise their profile.



Thanks Ted. I was not aware of the points.


I would suggest that you contact a lawyer directly for a consultation.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.



Thank you, but I'm not the one in need of the attorney. My comment was based on reading incorrect responses posted to someone asking about DUI/IDRC. I was providing the correct response.


Idk why.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Respectfully, I do not think the sugestions that you contact IDRC/ MVC was incorrect advice. As you have noted in your question, doing nothing will eventually result your being unable to restore or you will be suspended again for non-compliance. So, the first thing to do is to notify the agency that you had a problem (and prevent a suspension if it has proceeeded that far) and that you would like to rectify it. If MVC does not yet have a problem, then they can direct you to the process in the chain that you are at and who specifically to contact. The important part of the advice is that you make immediate contact with the agency and follow their directions.

Law Offices of James A. Abate (732) 412-2364