Skip to main content

Rescheduling a few days earlier with my PO for reason of starting a new job?

Gulfport, MS |

I was just recently put on non-adjucated probation. I Just got my college degree and i'm starting a new job on sept 9 and it is an great opportunity. I just signed a lease in the new county the jobs at and im scheduled to meet a PO in Harrison county for the first time on sept 11. Do you think that they would have a problem with me meeting them this week so i don't have to miss my third day of a new job? I know that either way he will probably transfer me to the other county regardless of meeting time. This is the first time i've been on probation. I am trying to be the easiest client and to show them that i am making every effort to be a upstanding citizen. I am terrified that they will not care and make me miss my third day of work and put me in bad standing with my employer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Most probation officers, if there schedule permits would allow a schedule change. To take the fear factor out call the probation department ASAP and ask.


You definitely have the right attitude. Call your PO and just ask. They usually will work with you on situations like that. I know several personally. What you don't want to do is just not show up. If you explain that you need to do it early, I'm pretty sure they'll let you.

Make sure you pay your fees on time, and if you can pay any fines, assessments with the Court off early, you may can get off probation early.

Good Luck!

The state of Mississippi does not certify lawyers in any specific category of law and the decision to hire an attorney should be taken only after careful consideration. Jeff Padgett's profile and any answers to questions given is strictly for the purpose of advertising his services.


Call and ask your PO politely and explain the problem. Most POs want to work with you to retain employment.

William Starks answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If my answer was helpful, please indicate so. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Starks at 662-328-4850 for a FREE CONSULTATION.