Skip to main content

Report immigration fraud

New York, NY |

I know a friend of mine where he was accused of domestic violence by her spouse and the spouse has applied for u visa. I know him for a lot of years from childhood and all the allegation that the spouse is claiming is false. Is there a way that I can report it to uscis or ice so that her u visa does not get approved ? Myself and others can provide character reference for him, would that be helpful? Anything my friend can do to prevent her from getting u visa? If so how to go about this

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can try but unless the courts dismiss the charges, it is unlikely they will consider the allegation false. Speak to your friends attorney 1st!

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


You may report any perceived immigration fraud or criminal activity to the ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) by calling 866-347-2423.
However, take notice that the information you provide must be credible and truthful. If you devise a plan to submit frivolous or fraudulent information to the federal agency just to spoil someone's changes of getting an immigration relief, you may be charged with a crime.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Yes, you can make a report ... but, it might not have the impact you expect:

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


A U visa requires the prosecutor to certify the alien aided in a criminal prosecution. It is highly unlikely they would do this if the allegations were frivolous.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.