Skip to main content

Renewing Driving License while I-751 is pending

Kennesaw, GA |

My wife has just filed an I-751 and we have received the I-797C stating she has a one year extension . Can this be used to renew her GA Drivers License? Are there any other documents the state woudl require for renewing the driving license?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Hi. Showing the document stating that she has the one year extension while the removal of conditions petition is plenty to get a renewal of her driver's license. She is still a permenant resident...and therefore should be afforded her rights. She should take that paper (the original) to the DMV and she should NOT have any problems renewing her license. Good Luck!