Skip to main content

Remove the condition of Residence I751....outside processing time

New York |

I received my 2 year resident card and filed for removal of condition prior to the exp as advised. Its been 3 years and still no new card. I call the USCIS offices and they say no to worry that everything is fine and that there is just a delay. If this is so is there anyway of expediting this instead of just getting my passport stamped every year for possible travel?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you are interested in citizenship, you can apply. Applying for citizenship while the I-751 is pending generally spurs immigration to make a decision on that case prior to the citizenship application.

You should consult with an immigration attorney who handles citizenship and conditional residency cases to determine eligibility and strategy. Attorneys who practice immigration law are practicing federal law and therefore you can hire an attorney from anywhere in the country (as long as he/she is licensed).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer