Skip to main content

Removal proceeding,1-30 pending,need help getting my case terminated to proceed with change of status

Gloversville, NY |

In removal proceeding Buffalo NY immigration court,married and wife filed 1-30 its pending. Should I wait till its been approved in order to have court cancel my removal so that I can go on to process change of status. Court in next year and am afraid to wait that long. How much would I be looking at to have an attorney help me in this. brightonwilfred@yahoo

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

you do need help. The problem is, such help cannot be extended on AVVO. You need an experienced immigration attorney engaged and working on your case to get help.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Generally, the Office of Chief Counsel will require an approved I-130 before they agree to terminate proceedings for adjustment of status. You can also adjust at the court, of course.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I recommend working with an experienced immigration attorney to help you with your removal proceedings. Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be able to get your I-130 approved, apply for the Green Card and request termination. This can be a complicated process, especially since you are in proceedings and it would be advisable to work with an immigration attorney.

Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship


You should contact an immigration attorney for assistance with this matter. The I-130 must be approved to allow you to benefit from it.

This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.


You will need I-130 approval first. Schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer.

The Murray Law Firm
50 Harrison Street, Suite 310F
Hoboken, NJ 07030-6151
T: (201)875-2600
Facebook: (Follow by clicking the "Like" button")

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer