Removal of Condition question

Danville, PA |

hello. I have a question and i want a Honest answer or explanations. i am currently on conditional green card and its due to expire June 2013, as at now my wife is divorcing me and i have already moved out of the house. i work full time and school part time, she took me to court and i am paying her spousal support. Now my question. what are my chances of getting the condition removed without any complicated immigration issues.. I will hire the same lawyer we had when i first file for conditional green card . i want to know some of the challenges of the process especially when divorce is involve.
Any answer or explanation will be appreciated.
God bless

You have to show that the marriage was entered into I good faith, but that various events later intervened, which ended up driving a wedge between you two, which led to irreconcilable differences, which culminated in separation and divorce.

Your lawyer will help you remove the condition on your residence based on the "good faith" exception, and maybe will also invoke some of the other exceptions that may be applicable to your situation, such as psychological or emotional abuse, for instance.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you for your response.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

You are very welcome! Sent from my iPad Giacomo Jacques Behar Attorney at Law

You should really be addressing this question with your attorney, who you mentioned filed your original adjustment of status application. He is familiar with all the details and is the best person to give you advice. In general however, you need to prove that you entered into the marriage in good faith and produce documents proving same.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

Thank you

It depends on the quantity and quality of the evidence you submit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank you.

If you will hire the same lawyer, you should ask this question to him/her.

The statement above does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is intended as general information only and it is not a substitute for legal advice. You should consult with a licensed attorney to discuss the specific facts and circumstances of your case.