Skip to main content

Removal of condition on permanent

Milwaukee, WI |

I applied for removal of conditions! I submitted my documents. My wife and i filled separately. But i noticed that my ssn and name did not appear on my wife's copy of returns becos she claimed head of household while mine states married but filling separate. Can i send this or what are the implications if i dont includeed.pls can i do. She closed our joint account last year. The only documents i have is our drivers license,joint car insurance, joint lease agreement and energy bills, is that enough! Can i include my family pictures even if not requsted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should include everything relevant to demonstrate and to support the validity of your marriage. If your joint bank account was closed, pull statements from the years (or months) prior to closure. The other items you mentioned could be sufficient; I've had clients with less documentation have their condition removed. Do you have any insurance policies where the other is the beneficiary? Is one of you covered on the other's health insurance plan or do you have separate plans? Do you have any children together? Their birth certificates are good evidence as well. How you two chose to file your tax returns alone is generally not a ground for denial the removal of a condition on residency.


I think the docs you do have are pretty good.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


I agree with my colleagues.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


I agree with my colleagues. Give as much evidence as you can.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.


They will expect a good explanation for filing separate tax returns. They will expect an explanation why you have no joint accounts. I suggest you see an attorney, together with your wife, to see what you can do.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer