Skip to main content

Relocated to ND from Nj. Noncustodial Parent of Three. Order of Alimony, can I protest it since I now reside in ND?

Bismarck, ND |

I was ordered to pay Alimony recently by NJ Court. My X claims that she is unmarketable in Nj for Full Time Employment, which I know isn't true. She holds a Master Degree in Pyschology. She also claims she is disapled due to her addiction to Alcahol Abuse. My co workers state that Alimony is hardly unheard of in ND and that I should protest this due to how much I pay and my X's reasoning to why she needs Alimony. Can I protest this since I am a resident of ND now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you were ordered to pay your first step should be to contact a local attorney in the town in which your case was heard and see if you have any appeal rights left. Time limits are important - and short.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.