Skip to main content

Regarding salvage title vehicle

Philadelphia, PA |

if i purchased a vehicle with a salavage title i do an enhancemement inspection to meet the state law and after that i get a reconstructed title i have two questions:

1-is there anything i can do to obatain a clean title from dmv since everything was fix to factory standards

2-is there really a difference between salvage and reconstructed title, is it really worth it, since it cost money to do a full inspection in order to get a reconstructed title?

thank you for your help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can't legally drive a vehicle with a salvage title on a public highway. Obtaining a reconstructed title is the method for making a vehicle that was previously designated as salvage street legal.

The statements made by professionals on are FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. They should NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES serve as a substitute for legal advice provided by an attorney after a full analysis of your individual circumstances and should not be used as the basis for any action or inaction on your part. Rendering legal advice requires a full and thorough determination of a person's individual circumstances which cannot and should not occur on a website. My statements herein are NOT LEGAL ADVICE and do not create an attorney-client relationship. If you have a legal issue, please contact an attorney in your area as soon as possible. Do not rely on anything you see on this or any other website to make important decisions about your life or legal affairs.


I agree with the answer provided by Attorney Christ.

Legal Information is Not Legal Advice My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The answer to the question is for educational and informational purposes only. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer