Skip to main content

Regarding Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Cerritos, CA |

I was about to file Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for my wife.I am from Hindu Culture. She lives outside United States. I was wondering beside the form , do i need to submit Affidavit of Support now or not? and my next thing was what are the other documents i need to submit to process my case with ease. And We dont have the marriage photographs, what shall we do ? We are married since last 2 years. Every year i go for 45 days and come back. We chat and talk everyday at phone. What are the documents needed along with form I-130 petition for Alien relative and what are the documents i can submit if i dont have marriage photographs looking forward. Its a genuine marriage.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Please familiarize yourself with and Additionally, based on the nature of your questions, I would suggest that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney to assist you int he process. Best of luck.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.


You need to either spend time on the USCIS and DOS websites to familiarize yourself with the process and its requirements or else immediately contact an immigration attorney to set an appointment for consultation to be explained the process.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


My colleague is correct. You need to do more research/homework (reading the law/form instructions) rather than asking questions on a blog.

Or, you can meet with an attorney, several of us have learn-how-to-do-it-yourself consultation services.

QUICK ANSWERS ... the affidavit of support isn't needed as part of the I-130 package. I will also say that phone 'chats' do not generate documents and carry ZERO weight with CIS ... do you send birthday/holiday cards? Bank transfers of funds? do you have a list of people that will sign affidavits? .... these are the type of things you'll learn from a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You should submit evidence to show a bona fide marriage (e.g., joint property, joint income tax forms, affidavits from your relatives if they attended your wedding, etc.)

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Do more research or speak with immigration lawyer

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer