Skip to main content

Refiling for a restraining order. Unresponsive attorney went late for status update of counsel only on a case easy to prove.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

Not surprisingly Motion was denied. Can the same papers be refiled at Court or new facts are needed? Attorney that missed status update made Motion to Set Asside Order of Dismissal, but never justified the reason for being late.
Victim has been getting prank calls about attorney ( potentially from respondent or his accomplices ) planning to failing victim and being a flip floper.
Attorney also had fail to communicate with client ( victim ) and never informed time of that status update. And hardly returned calls. Any instructions as to the refiling process will be appreciated.

Attorney's lack of comunication to refile in timely manner or to respond in timely manner, matches respondent arrogant attitude of feeling above the law. Strange?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

This sounds like legal malpractice. You should contact the professional board of the state..

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.



I have heard the same on a consultation today, about Legal Malpractice. Will be contacting your office for consultation. This attorney has caused a lot of problems.


Assuming that the order dismissing the restraining order / injunction was not dismissed with prejudice, you may file for another restraining order (and I would suggest with the help of another attorney). Typically, once you file, you are awarded a temporary injunction for two weeks, and then you go for the hearing (of which the date and time are on that temporary order). I would add the prank calls to the new application for restraining order.

This answer is provided for a general purpose, as I am not privvy to all the details or documents relating to your case. This answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Prior to taking any action, you should consult with an attorney who has the opportunity to learn all the factors of your case or situation.


You can refile, but usually new facts are needed.

Contact through this site alone does not establish a client lawyer relationship. This information is not to be used as a substitute for consulting with an attorney. I or any of the attorneys at longwelllawyers would be happy to give a free consultation. Call 407-426-5757. <p><a href="" target="_blank">Longwell Lawyers</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Criminal Defense Attorneys</a><br /> <a href="" target="_blank">Orlando Family Law Attorneys</a></p>

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer