Skip to main content

Recovering money due

Kankakee, IL |

We have an auto repair shop and we have a few cars there that the owners have not come back to pick up their car or pay their bill. They have been there ranging from 6 months to 1 1/2 years. What legally can we do to either get the money for the bill or can we legally take possession of the car to sell to recover our costs? These bills arent cheap ones, $500-$2000 We have even sent out bills stating we were going to start charging them storage fees, to no reply.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Generally speaking there should be a provison in you sate law for selling abonded cars, if you know a towing and impound business they may be able to point you in the right direction. if you can't find a collection attorney nearby. I do not practice in your state.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer