Skip to main content

Received two moving violation tickets within two month in Illinois

Schaumburg, IL |

I got a speeding ticket (80mph over 55mph) on Nov/2012 and paid the fine to to attend traffic school, and I have not received any responds from the state for attending the school date. I got the second ticket on Jan/2013 (50 over 35) . Am I still under supervision? Can I receive court supervision and take the driving class on this ticket since it is in a different calendar year?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It is very possible that you are still on supervision. Although you are eligible for court supervision twice within a 12 month period (not based on calendar year), it is at the court's discretion to grant you a second order. You should consult with an attorney to ensure the best result possible and avoid a conviction on your public record. Mailing in your most recent ticket and requesting supervision is a poor decision. More information is available at the links below.

The information contained in this answer is offered for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice, attorney advertising, or establish an attorney-client relationship. Individuals with questions in any area of the law should consult a qualified attorney licensed to practice in that individual's jurisdiction.


Attorney Davis is spot-on. I just want to emphasize that if your still on supervision and get one more moving violation before November 2013, your license is subject to suspension for a minimum of two months. It would be prudent to hire an attorney ASAP and get this resolved properly.

This answer is being provided for information purposes only and is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, legal advice. An attorney-client relationship has not been created. Attorney is not obligated to pursure, or responsible for, your claim unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer