Skip to main content

Received a petition to revoke my court supervison for a traffic violation? Is it worth it for me to fight it?

Downers Grove, IL |

Got to speeding tickets within 3 months of each other (my first traffic violation) and was told to apply for court supervision both times by the officers since my record was clean. I did and paid both the same day. Now I just found out that they are trying to revoke it. Don't want it on my permanent record obviously for insurance purposes. But I've read that I could end up paying for fees if I go to court and lose. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The answer is very simple: Hire a lawyer. Stop getting your legal advice from police officers and start getting legal advice from the Real McCoy. There are plenty of good lawyers in DuPage County. Best wishes to you.


You will end up paying court costs and an attorney's fee, but an experienced criminal defense/traffic attorney can likely avoid the revocation and conviction. Most of us provide free consultations.


A lawyer might be able to avoid double convictions.


In my professional opinion, it is always a wise investment to have an experienced counsel in the needed field to protect ones' legal interest. In the retrospect, one gains more than loses when opting for professional handling of such matters.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer