Skip to main content

Received a disorderly conduct ticket well over 2 years it on my background check?

Royersford, PA |

Well over two years ago I was given a ticket for disorderly conduct/hazardous physical offense because I was with a "lovely" young woman who was smoking (obviously not a cigarette). After some harassment by the cops and her "going off" and admitting to things, I was dragged into it and being the young dummie I was, I paid the ticket...thereby admitting guilt as I've been told. My question is, will this show up on a background check? I am applying to jobs and need to know, do I have to answer yes to any of the criminal questions?

Thank you in advance for any help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you were not fingerprinted, it will not show up on the State Police record. However, it would be easy for a prospective employer to find the charge on the public record network. You can honestly indicate to an employer that you were never arrested or charged with a misdeamenor or a felony. You will be able to have the charged expunged within five years of the plea. Good luck.


It could come up depending on the company doing the records check, when 5 years pass I would suggest pursuing expungement to be sure that it is off of your record.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.


It may or may not show up on a background check depending on what kind of check is run and the facts of the initial citation.

You can work with an attorney on this one. In addition to pursuing expungement (if possible), an attorney can probably help you figure out whether there's even a record in the first place.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


From the information you provided, it seems that you received a non-traffic citation and you checked the guilty box, and sent in the money and paid the costs. But, being that it was a summary-level offense, a not-fingerprintable offense, it would not appear in many criminal record repositories, such as the Pennsylvania State Police. It likely would appear in the public record. You may check your status on to verify, but that link is not all-inclusive.

This does not establish an attorney-client relationship, nor is it formal legal advice. For more specific legal analysis, please contact an attorney regarding your case.