Skip to main content

Received 1099a. box 4 more than box 2, box 5 not checked. Bankruptcy, chpt 7 filed & Dept discharged.

Frisco, TX |

Am I required to include this 1099a when I file my taxes? Do I need to file another form? Should I have received a 1099-C? Thank you. Please let me know if you need additional information

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


File IRS form 982. Chapter 7 is a debt discharged under title 11 - check box 1(a) Put the total of 1099a and 1099c amounts that were included in the bankruptcy in box 2.



we have not received a 1099c....


Your amount discharged in the bankruptcy is included on Form 982 when you file your Form 1040.

Any individual seeking legal advice for their own situation should retain their own legal counsel as this response provides information that is general in nature and not specific to any person's unique situation. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Advice given in this response cannot be used to eliminate penalties with the IRS or any other governmental agency.