Skip to main content

Real Estate Attorney needed

Saint Louis, MO |

Moved in 9/20/2010, and landlord has violated contact with the housing authority by having me to pay utility bills that I'm not responsible for and is their name. The house is in unlivable condition, and have been sited for violations from the St. Louis City building inspectors, health department, and housing authority inspectors. Landlord have not made proper repairs to roof, and had repair man to open ceiling exposing me to mold. I have now been placed on an inhaler, and had to administer a pulmonary function test 12/19/2012. I was coerced into signing a rescission after health problems from the mold, and was only given 2 months notice to move by February 28, 2013. My voucher does not expire until 4/26/2013. I've been approved for a new home, and have an expected

*contract move date by March 5, 6, or 7 of 2013. The Housing Authority have made an effort to pay for their portion of the rent for March, because of the slight layover into March. The property owners have declined and refuse to accept the offer. My only other alternative is to pay for a pro-rated amount for March 1-8, 2013. I can send the check enclosed with a letter to show efforts of paying double the pro-rated rent for March 2013. I have never been late with my rent, utility bills, and have been asked to participate in the Home ownership program. I need legal representation on fighting this matter in court for not having a copy of my lease agreement since tenancy. Paying the incorrect utility bills, and asking for several repairs for over 2 years. Health related issues due to the exposure to mold, and discriminatory practices conducted through the Housing Authority. I have all of my records to show proof, and pictures.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It sounds like you might have signed an agreement to vacate. Did you? I suggest you hire a landlord-tenant attorney if you really want to stay and can afford an attorney. Good luck.

My comments are general in nature, are not legal advice as to your specific issue, and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Disregard this solicitation if you have already engaged a lawyer in connection with the legal matter referred to in this solicitation. You may wish to consult your lawyer or another lawyer instead of me. The exact nature of your legal situation will depend on many facts not known to me at this time. You should understand that the advice and information in this solicitation is general and that your own situation may vary. This statement is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Missouri.


I encourage you to call the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service in Jefferson City and they will find you an attorney in your area.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.