Skip to main content

Read the details please

Columbus, OH |

My license was suspended about 2 years ago. While my license was suspended, I sold my car. I paid for my reinstatement online and afterwards it took me to a page that said in order to go pick up my license I need to show proof of insurance. I would like to get my license so that i can test drive cars before I buy one. I called the dmv about this and they just flat out told me i need to show proof of insurance to get my license back, I also talked to an insurance agent about this and they informed me I cannot get insurance without my license. getting insurance before I get my license is obviously not possible. Does anyone have any idea of how I can get around this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been in this situation.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


This is a common problem. Talk to an insurance agency about getting an SR 22 bond. This is an insurance bond.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
1370 North Fairfield Road
Suite C
Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
(937)426-4000 phone

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner


As Mr. Beck indicated, an SR 22 should do the trick.


Call around and talk to a few different insurance companies. You may need to get SR-22 insurance. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen


Get SR 22 insurance . There are special agencies that carry this .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


Based on the information you provided, I would recommend discussing an SR 22 bond with an insurer.