Skip to main content

Question regarding my employers responsibility to pay valid charges on a corporate credit card.

Tallahassee, FL |

I have current charges amounting to approximately $2,000 on a corporate card. These are valid business charges. I have invoices & receipts with the company's name on them for verification. The company doesn't want to pay the charges. The reason is "invoices can't be charged to the corporate card". However, they have been paying previous charges for months. What is my financial responsibility and what are my legal options to force the company to pay. This is affecting my personal credit. Is there any legal recourse for this? Can I sue for damages? What type of lawyer would I need to consult regarding this matter?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If the card is truly a corporate card then why would you personally be linked to that account?
If they had a pattern of paying the charges, then it seems that you have a good case to force them to pay. However, if the charges are on the corporate card, the company itself is already liable for them.
Something is not clear.

This does not constitute legal advice and is purely informational and we do not have an attorney-client relationship until a fee agreement is signed. The details of your case can vary slightly and the legal analysis can be then totally different. Do not rely on legal aswers to address your particular situation but seek a direct contact wih an attorney.


Be careful, the answer is not always clear. It would be good to review the cardholder agreement. Did your use of the card mean that you were consenting to its terms. Does the law of a State other than Florida govern the transaction. You should seek an attorney in your area. A good place to start is I wish you a blessed Christmas and happy new year.

Disclaimer: The above is intended to give you, the consumer, some insight into various legal topics. This information is not intended as legal advice, but rather an attempt to provide helpful topical information. Please consult a lawyer as to the specific circumstances of your case. Again, this is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. If there are more facts that you overlooked and did not include in your initial question and you would like to email me, you may send an email to