Skip to main content

Question about F1 OPT

Chesterfield, MO |

I entered US on an L2 visa and my Ead expired in Jan 2013 . However , I started school and changed my visa to 1 in august 2012 . Now as my school term is ending in May , I am about to apply for my opt ead . What are the complications that I can encounter and what documents should I prepare . I have a job offer in June and just want to make sure that I cover all fronts .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It is best if you consult with an attorney in person, all depends on your particular facts.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


I strongly suggest that you consult an immigration lawyer. You are shortchanging yourself by seeking answers on Avvo. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


This is a good question. Please consult an attorney. How can we help you here on AVVO without knowing the details of your case? Go to and schedule a consultation. WIll be happy to assist.


You should contact your international student adviser on student issues. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Practice area: Immigration
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174