Pulld over for tint.charged with dwi

Pittsburgh, PA |

Was pulled over for my window tint in oct 2011 . Cop asked to search vehicle.i said no but he did anyways.he them found 2empty stamp bags.he then immediately took me to hospital for blood test.didnt not give fieldsobriety test.he held the blood test until feb 2012.he wantd me to be a snitch for him an i decided not too.he finaly got results back in may 2012.is the blood test still good?should i fight this?

You absolutely need a lawyer on this. Recent case law has come down on both window tinting and car searches. The blood test, FSTs, or snitch issues are probably fine, but you may have some arguable issues.

There may be some arguments regarding the stop being illegal. You need to have an attorney go step by step through the process to determine if the stop was illegal.

Michael L. Doyle
Attorney at Law
(215) 900-5565

Absolutely.

Sincerely,

Attorney Mitchell S. Sexner
Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC /o
Defending your rights since 1990
1 (800) 996 -4824
Email: : msslawoffices@sbcglobal.net
Website: Criminal and Traffic Attorneys

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

I agree with the other attorneys that you certainly want to discuss the facts of this case with an attorney. You may be able to file certain motions to basically say the stop of your vehicle was unlawful.

Yes, you should definitely fight this...it sounds like your rights were violated and that there was no probable cause for the search.

Jack Puskar
Attorney at Law
Pittsburgh, PA
412-389-5502