Skip to main content

Public defender won't listen when I try to tell details of fight

Erie, PA |

I was in a fight with another person at a bar, The other person pushed me after calling me racist names, we were pushing and grabbing eachother and fell onto a table full of glasses and his face got cut. He said I cut him with a weapon which I did not. He even said at the prelim hearing he did not see me with a wepon but assumed I did. He showed a photo of the cut and now they want to put me in for 6 to 12 months for soemthing I didn't do. My public defender is even saying there is no way he got cut on the glasses and bottles that were on the table even though they were all smahed. What can I do? I have a witness who says he never seen me with a weapon, he has a witness and I have no idea what she has said.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Go to trial and if the PD is unwilling or unable, then ask the court to appoint an attorney or hire an experienced criminal defense attorney.


If at all possible you need to hire a private attorney. There are several good public defenders however most are overworked and underpaid.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at


As attorney Keller noted, if you have a fundamental disagreement with your public defender that is impairing your ability to prepare a defense, then it may be prudent to ask the Court to appoint counsel. Do not, disclose details in open court or online.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.