Skip to main content


Houston, TX |


I am a usa citizen currently contracter in afganistan with usa army . I have filed my fiance paperwork , I received my NOA1 on 25th june 2013 . i am female of 47 years old he is male of 28 years old from Nepal . my question is how to prove bonafied relationship ? i read lot of articles that cannot prove bonafide relation visa denial rate is high ? and where we are my fiancé is not allowed to use cellphone , cameras, and computer as well to show email, chat record, & phone bill but since 2 years we are always physically together i will go every three month to usa but he do not have leave to go ? what i can do on this condition? suggestion will be highly appericiate

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would consult with a lawyer privately. Generally, however, when all other proof is hard to get, I recommend affidavits from US citizens or green card holders about your relationship. They really don't like it though when all you can offer is affidavits, so consult with a lawyer to explore more creative ways of gathering evidence in your particular case.

Contact: 860-548-2629 or This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.


Get affidavits of friends, etc.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Talk to an immigration lawyer. There is no silver bullet. It is all case specific.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.