Skip to main content

Property owner having signs posted: PRIVATE DRIVE do not use our driveway when you reside on a dead end...

Houston, TX |

Can you not tell your neighbors to Stop Trespassing and their services b/c they are too cheap or to build their own front driveway...and insist on crossing over or 360 into and onto your contempt.

A county is charged with Road Classifications: then what do you do when they refuse to classify a non county maintained road or dead end

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your rights will be based on the property records . Are there easements for ingress and egress that are recorded? They may be on the individual deeds for one or both of the properties or an easement may be on a separate document for the subdivision unit the property is a part of.
Should there be no easement for using the drive/road you can put up no trespassing signs . The neighbor will then have to prove they have a right to use the drive/road. Be certain there really are NO use rights for your neighbor on any of the recorded records or community zoning regulations before you stop their use.

-Marion W. Cain Law Offices of Marion W. Cain, P.C., 127 Lewis Street, San Antonio, Texas 78212 (210) 226-2161 website: email: This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice". Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer