Skip to main content

Process for getting a restraining order against a family member in WA state

Chehalis, WA |

How do I get a restraining order for a family member who uses illegal drugs and lives with me?

he has the police coming to my home and thresting me that they will kick my door in and shoot my dogs, my other son gets upset as well with all this going on I cant live like this anymore please help me with this matter, he is not doing what the court has asked him to do and is putting his family through awful stress p[lease help me i dont know where to turn

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I do not practice in Washington, but I would be skeptical that you could get a restraining order if they are only consuming illegal drugs. You you probably need to do is call the police and have them arrested. if abuse is present you might be able to obtain help at a domestic violence shelter.


It is unlikely that you will be able to get a restraining order of any kind. Unless your family member is harassing you or committing acts of domestic violence. If either of these are the case, you should consult your local court clerk immediately, who can guide you through the process of getting a protection order put into place.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer