Skip to main content

Procedure for Request of production to party vs non-party.

Century, FL |

If I am submitting a request of production of documents to my ex directly, do the same rules apply as if I were submitting it to a non-party? (ie asking the clerk of the court to sign the subpena and serving the opposing party giving them 10-15 days (depending on service method) to object?)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


No, it is not the same procedure.

The discovery rules are easily accessible online at go to the professional practice link then rules of procedure. You will need both the family law and the civil procedure rules. The family law rules only contain rules specific to family law and default to the civil procedure rules for procedures generally applicable to all civil suits. The rules you are asking about will be in the civil procedure rules in the discovery section.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******