Skip to main content

Problems with rental unit and rent reduction

Las Vegas, NV |

Months ago we reported a problem several months ago to the landlord. That problem grew into other areas. We sent notice, spoke to the land lord and informed them that we would be repairing it ASAP. We with-held rent. Is there a possibility that our rent can be discounted during that time?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is always the possibility. You can ask for reimbursement from the landlord in writing by regular mail and by certified mail and give a deadline to reimburse. If they fail to reimburse, you have the option of suing in small claims court. You may or may not win.

Actively practicing law in Texas. Inactive licenses in Arizona and Georgia. All answers are general in nature and no attorney/client relationship exists in this forum.