Problems with mortgage company, can a lawyer help?

Merritt Island, FL |

We have been fighting with a mortgage company now for 3 months. Trying to get help on a modification loan. They have closed and denied are case due to them losing information twice!( i have all records of when I sent the information). We have had calls telling us are house is on short sale(its not) and that it is on a interest only loan( we are on a 30 year fix). We cannot seem to get any answers. The women that was dealing with are case does not return are calls. Could a lawyer be of help in this matter?

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

An attorney may be able to help you. Avoid the loan modification companies that charge you a large fee. I have had clients come in after spending $1,500 - $2,000 at a loan modification company and the company did nothing. There are a lot of scammers out there.

It is not unusual for the lender to lose the information and the home owner to send the documents 3 or 4 times before someone starts work on the modification. In some cases it takes even more attempts. In many cases it takes longer than three months to get anything done.