Problem with ebay/paypal, got 200$ stolen, need help.

New York, NY |

Hello,
I sold a Amazon giftcard with value of 200$ on ebay, and the buyer payed me over paypal, after i send him his giftcard code over email and he redeemed it, he reported me to paypal for an unauthorized transaction, but i checked the giftcard, it was already redeemed, also contacted paypal with proof of order several times who then say that they cant do anything about it at the moment, so i wanted to ask you if it is possible to get my 200$ back that were taken off from my paypal after the dispute, and also what can i write paypal about this problem? are there maybe any laws or so that i can send to paypal to get all my money back? What would you say?

Thanks.

Filed under: Business

PayPal has its own dispute resolution procedure, which you should use to address this.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.