Skip to main content

Probation warrant, immigration hold?

Miami, FL |

My boyfriend has a 3 year probation for a felony which he has served 2 years of. He got arrested on mistaminiour case and violated privation. A privation warrant was issued and an immigration hold. He's married to a us citizen and was recently separated but his paper had been already approved. What could happen after he sees the probation judge and they let him go??? Please advise me.. thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your boyfriend has some difficult times ahead of him. The information you supplied, while insufficient for any meaningful analysis, says enough that the best anyone could say to you is that he needs to see an experienced immigration lawyer as soon as possible. With a detainer lodged against him, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers may be waiting to pick him up as soon as he's finished with the probation judge.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.


Your friend needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly. His conviction probably renders him deportable. Whether he has any defenses against deportation depends on the facts.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


If his probation is reinstated, he still will face the ICE hold and ICE will have the ability to transfer him to Krome.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer