Pressing sister for assault and battery, felony strangulation, and 2 disorderly conducts

Green Bay, WI |

I was hesitant on pressing charges, but now that I see that she has no remorse what so ever for her decisions, I am deciding to press charges. I was wondering, if she were found guilty of the following (assault and battery, felony strangulation, and 2 disorderly conducts) would she serve time, and if so approximately what would she be serving? Her lawyer (heresay from my mother) said that if I cooperate, she'll be let off with AA meetings, probation and maybe community service. But I want to testify. Also, should I wait to file a small claims suit against her (I want to file for income capacitation loss, or whatever it is called in legal terms, pain and suffering, and for the ambulance bill, along with any court costs). If I should wait, how long? Until after the criminal case is finished?

Do you really want to imprison and sue your sister? Sounds spiteful. She probably needs help and counseling. Here is a link to the Wisconsin Crime Victims Compensation site: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/CVCompensation/Compensation_Brochure.asp.

http://www.defendme.net | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

I'm not being spiteful. She is a textbook sociopath. Sociopaths don't want help. She's not a safe person to be around.

James Regan

James Regan

You know the facts better than I do. As I said earlier, go through the victim advocate. Good luck! Sent from my iPad

You may not "press charges" only the prosecutor.No one can asnwer your questions re when and what suit to file as , at a minimum, you say nothing about whe these events occurred.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.