Skip to main content

Prepare "Power of Attorney" document

California |

I'm preparing a "Power of Attorney" document that needs to be valid for specific dates and specific documents such as a transfer of property. How will I word document?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Section 4401 of the California Probate code has a California Uniform Statutory Form of Power of Attorney that you may use. You can get a copy of this for free at (don't pay for the advertised one at the top - scroll down to the copies provided) or do your own internet search for it. Print it out, fill in the blanks including initialing the powers you wish to convey, and be sure to have your signature notarized.



Note that the form shown in the link is out of date! As of today (5/4/12) the latest revision in the law was 1/1/12. One of the changes since this form was written is that you no longer put in the Social Security number. There is also a change to the required warning at the top.