Pre-trial hearing for misdemeanor in a week...

Fort Collins, CO |

I have a misdemeanor pre-trial hearing scheduled in a week. Because of my attorney's health issues, I may need to switch attorneys. As you can imagine, this is an agonizing position to be in. If I find out on Monday that my attorney will not be able to represent me, is it possible to secure another *good* attorney within a week? We have already had one continuance (for health reasons).

If I switch attorneys, what steps do I need to take?

You will absolutely be able to find a new attorney if need be and frankly, if your attorney is unavailable, he or she ought to be able to obtain a continuance of your pre-trial conference to get healthy.

Talk to your attorney about your fears. He or she is supposed to help you through all of this process. Good luck!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Fort Collins:

If you are looking for a good attorney in Fort Collins. I recommend trying the Leier Law Office. Kent Leier is one of a select few attorneys I would recommend after my experiences working in your area for just under 8 years. More importantly, former prosecutors like Kent can be up to speed and ready within 48 hours because or their experience handling thousands of criminal cases.

Brandon

Agree with Mr. Luna and Mr. Deasy. As a former prosecutor myself, I suspect Kent Leier would be able to quickly get up to speed on your case as prosecutors are required to familiarize themselves with the facts of many new cases on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis.

DISCLAIMER: This above communication is for general informational purposes only. It does NOT constitute legal advice and SHOULD NOT be used or relied upon as such. Moreover, the above communication does not create an attorney-client relationship between Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal and any other person or entity. Legal representation by Boal Law Firm and/or Attorney Brian Boal is available but shall be set forth specifically in a separate written fee agreement signed by the parties.

If the other suggestions don't work out, please consider calling Sarah Schielke. She is an outstanding litigator in Fort Collins. Her website is www.lifeandlibertylaw.com

Best of luck to you.

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.