Skip to main content

Poverty Guidelines Requirements for I-130

City Of Industry, CA |

I'm a USC and I want to petition my mother for green card. Can I show joint income with my husband for Poverty guideline requirements ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes you can but you need to do it correctly. Make sure you file the I-864 and your husband files the I-864A. Here is a link to a site explaining immigration matters: The August12, 2013 entry addresses affidavits of support. Good Luck.



Thank you very much for the information.


You are not required to show any income on I-130 level.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


Yes, you can show your joint income for this purpose.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer