Skip to main content

Poverty guideline and I-864 Affidavit of Support form

New York, NY |

I am filing a AOS for my mother who is currently living with me and my 2 kids (4 in my household). I make 33,200 enough for all 4 but I am still legally married with my husband and that will add one member to my household and my income will not meet the guideline. What can i do? can i still use my "husband" as a household member and meet the income criteria? (we file taxes separate by the way..) Do i need a co sponsor? Note: i dont have assets or accounts. Thanks

my husband is willing to file and sign the I864A but I just want to make sure that this can be done. All right, I read it now. So only the people on my tax return?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


look into I864P form, it all there.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Take the time to read the Form's instructions. The answers to your questions are all there.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes look at form I-864P.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer