Skip to main content

Porting PD from approved I140

Los Angeles, CA |

I have I-140 approved with PD 2011 Sep . Now I wish to take a full time job.

If my current employer does not agree to continue the GC and would cancel my approved I-140. My I-140 got approved almost 1.5 year back. In this case can he cancel my I-140. Can it prevent me from porting/using my PD from the existing/older employer. So is Valid I-140 required before porting Prority date with new employer’s GC process.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I am fairly certain that you need an Immigration Geek more than a WC Nerd. Let me let me walk you from the Industrial Clinic to the Duty Free Bar.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


Yes. It will. you cannot port.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


He can cancel the i140.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


I agree.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer