Skip to main content

Polk county failure to appear in court..

Lakeland, FL |

i had a ticket for a drivin with a susp license i payed of my tickets & didnt go to court cause i thought i didnt have to.. WELL i got arrested and released with bond. I had a court date after that for my release I WENT and they reschedualed it i forgt to do because i became homeless and jobless within that same month i had court.. so THIS IS MY SECOND OFFENSE of failure to appear in court. I am a single mother of 1 boy and i dont have a babysitter..I recieved a letter from a PD and i found out that i have a warrent. BASICALLY.. What can i do to make my sentencing less than 3 weeks? HEL ME PLEASE

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can try and get your PD to get you a deal before the warrant is served. Then maybe you could turn yourself in and plea at 24hr court or at the time of a Motion to Set Aside the Warrant.


I agree with the previous post. If your attorney can strike a deal with the prosecutor, i.e., for time served or probation, have your attorney file a motion to set aside the capias and schedule it for a hearing and also notice it for a plea. When you come to court, the court will most likely set aside the warrant, accept your plea, and the case will be resolved. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer